IT professional with a broad technical background including experience planning, managing, designing and implementing web sites and applications. That experience, along with outstanding interpersonal skills, allows me to fulfill a variety of roles within project teams, and be an effective liaison between business and technical functions.
Platforms: MAC OS 10 and Windows XP
Applications: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, BBEdit, Balsamiq Mock-Ups, Flash, iDVD, Microsoft Office, QuarkXpress, SQL Server Management Studio, Visio, Visual Studio
Web Design/Development: Proficient: HTML, XHTML, CSS
Knowledge of: Sharepoint, MVC, Actiance (social media management tool)
Web Designer/Content Manager, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company, Baltimore, MD.
November 2005 - present.
I have assumed a Business Analyst role in many projects in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- MoSes Document Library - Analyzed SharePoint as a solution for the MoSes Document Library; interviewed stakeholders to gather requirements; created working prototype in SharePoint which was presented to the business unit.
- Variable Annuity Secure Agent Site - Worked with business units, project manager and analysts on requirements; wireframes and mock-ups for a secure site for variable annuity registered representatives and independent advisors.
- Daily Unit and Fund Performances Project - Partnered with business analyst to build wireframes using established requirements; participated in meetings to walk through and review wireframes with stakeholders.
- Rebranding Projects - Used project management skills to plan, coordinate, and execute rebranding of the 3 company websites in 2008 and again in 2010 after the sale of the company.
- Secure Agent Site Redesign (Pathfinder) - Planned functionality/UI for the New Business and Products sections including UI sketches, UX considerations, wireframes and meetings with stakeholders to define and refine requirements.
- Old Mutual Website Portal - Key liaison in the web portal project for the Old Mutual US businesses.
Created wireframes, managed the content collection; governance planning, front-end design of the secure agent portal, etc.
- Development of processes, procedures, workflows, and governance for content management system.
My web design/production role includes the support of multiple web properties from designing and managing content to planning, designing and implementing new features including QA planning and testing to implementation and deployment:
- Analyze best practices and research technologies for implementation of new features and content.
- Design site/page mockups, prototypes, site flows and wireframes as needed using knowledge of design, UX and UI.
- Provide expertise to business units for front-end design and content strategy.
Maintain respected and trusted relationships with business units by utilizing excellent communication.
Author documentation such as site matrices, process documentation, CMS governance plan, CMS user manual.
Complete monthly metric reports for business units using web logs and Google Analytics.
Honors: Employee of the Quarter in 2009; recipient of Anchor Achievement award in 2007.
Co-Owner/Web Designer/Information Architect, New Village Media, Columbia, MD.
Designed and developed websites from initial client meetings and site planning, design concepts, development, QA testing, deployment and maintenance.
Designed and create graphic and Flash elements.
Created information architecture diagrams/site flows, design mock-ups.
Responsible for the management of teams of various sizes for a variety of projects.
Designed company print materials, letterhead; produced and edited podcasts.
Conducted various training for clients including HTML and use of CMS.
Production Manager, Communications office of the Baltimore-Washington Conference
of The United Methodist Church, Baltimore, MD.
May 1991 - October 1996.
Assisted with design and desktop publishing of a bimonthly newspaper, a full-color magazine, brochures,
membership journals, etc.
Worked successfully with a variety of personnel in multiple departments.
Desktop Publisher/Office Manager, ASI Systems International, Aberdeen, MD.
September 1989 - May 1991.
Created reports and graphics for reports; responsible for day-to-day operation of the office.